Sunday, November 13, 2011

Ok. Now I'm ready for winter. Mostly.







Really, can you blame me?  With flower combinations like this, who wouldn't be excited for winter.  It snowed a little today and I found myself a little giddy as I pulled on a pair of fabulous boots before heading out the door to a wedding set up at Sundance.  The bright blue sky, the snow in the mountains and the bare aspens reminded me of a wedding from last year...one of my favorite couples and one of my favorite weddings...

I was fortunate enough to work with Andrea, the bride, for several months before the big day.  This is such a great representation of the collaborative efforts between bride and florist.  I had so much fun working with Andrea and her beautiful ideas meshed so well with what I had envisioned for her. I love the final result.  Strategically placed modern drum chandeliers contrasted beautifully with the rustic farm tables.  I LOVE contrast. A soft color palette with organic elements like cotton and sparrow feathers gave additional warmth to the space.  I must admit, with design details and florals coordinated by artisan bloom and Andrea's thoughtful, personal touches, we made kind of a killer team.
  Andrea, I kind of want you to marry Porter again so we can plan another wedding together.

No comments:

Post a Comment