Monday, December 28, 2009

I feel important. For now.























So, today was a nice day. I sat in my local coffee shop, bundled up in a sweater, drinking my latte and eating a cupcake that was far too sweet considering the early hour of the morning. And as I sat, I thumbed through the latest issue of Martha Stewart Weddings. This wasn't just any Martha Stewart Weddings. And this wasn't aimless perusing. I was looking for something important. Something I'd been waiting for. MY work. MY designs. Featured in Martha Stewart Weddings. I wasn't sure what to expect...I knew I'd been an integral part of the designs for a wedding

that was photographed by a Martha Stewart photographer but exactly what would make it to print was a mystery to me. Would it be one picture? Would the bridal bouquet make the issue? Ohhh how I loved that bridal bouquet. This was afterall the bouquet where my
beloved cotton blossoms made their debut. Pausing only to ooh and ahh over a few of the featured wedding gowns (go Oscar de la Renta) I skipped the articles promising to return later. And there it was! "Love Hits the Slopes". I instantly recognized the stunning backdrop of the Sundance Resort. 8 pages! 8! Each turn of the page made me smile and remember the process, the endless work, the inspiration I pulled from Jon and Jody and their personal style, the amazing advice and direction I received from the coordinators, my assistants and their uncanny ability to read my mind (it's almost weird). Everything came rushing back to my mind as if it happened yesterday. And I sat back and sipped my latte. And smiled.

2 comments:

  1. You truley have an amazing talent! Your work is always so beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete